Normally, this is the section where we talk about how strong inventory management and real-time sync are critical factors at the heart of any successful business. And, yes, that remains true. Absolutely.
But, being that we are discussing the management of inventory that can spoil, spill, etc., why don’t we first talk about our success with frozen desserts.
Our customer, Graeter’s Ice Cream, came to us with a litany of issues.
- Lack of information flow between warehouses caused inventory data to be scattered across, and siloed within, different systems.
- Without a dedicated order management system (OMS), an individual sales order's status and life cycle could not be viewed from start to finish. Tracking orders was extremely difficult.
- Getting products to the correct warehouses and maintaining inventory levels was a constant challenge.
- Software inflexibility created problems in routing orders to the right locations.
- Packing decisions regarding dry ice quantities were made manually.
- Labeling requirements had to be met on a shipment-by-shipment basis.
- Graeter’s was unable to assign users specific roles/permissions and create proper workflows.
For any eCommerce business, the combination of disrupted data flow, inventory hiccups, packing issues, and diminished warehouse control is a major problem. For an ice cream maker, it can become a meltdown - during order processing, on a delivery truck, or all over a customer’s doorstep.
Our team at SkuNexus developed a comprehensive solution to provide management control for every segment of the Graeter’s backend, while allowing for extreme customization of fulfillment processes. From standardizing dry-ice quantities to automating shipping methods, everything was streamlined and optimized to meet Graeter’s needs.