Your privacy is important to us, and we strive to be honest and transparent about how we collect and use information we gather about you on this site.
This Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) explains how SkuNexus LLC., (“SkuNexus”) uses personal information (“Personal Information”) and applies to all users (“users”) who access, view, visit, download, or otherwise interact with https://www.skunexus.com (the “Site”). By visiting the Site, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree to these SkuNexus practices, do not access, view, visit, download, or otherwise interact with the Site.
Personal Information SkuNexus Gathers
“Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact an individual.
SkuNexus collects the following types of Personal Information:
- Contact Information. Contact Information allows SkuNexus to communicate with you. Examples of Contact Information include, but are not limited to, your name, postal addresses, or email addresses. SkuNexus may also request demographic contact information including, but not limited to, your job title and job function.
- Transaction Information. SkuNexus automatically receives and records some information from your browser when you visit the site, such as your IP address, cookies and data about which pages you visit on the site through the use of log files provided by our third-party tracking-utility partners. This information helps SkuNexus analyze and understand how the site works for users. Information that is gathered includes, but is not limited to, information about how you interact with SkuNexus, information about how you use SkuNexus’s Sites, email, other communications, and applications, and how you interact with other users and SkuNexus business partners.
- Mobile Location Information. If you have permitted your mobile or other location-aware device to transmit location data, SkuNexus collects Mobile Location.
How SkuNexus Collects Personal Information
SkuNexus gathers Personal Information in the following ways:
- If and when you contact SkuNexus via phone, email, video chat, face-to-face, or other methods of communication.
How SkuNexus Uses Personal Information
SkuNexus may use Personal Information to enhance your user experience, to help SkuNexus better understand you, to help SkuNexus customize offers, blog topics, or posts that may be of interest to you, and to help SkuNexus otherwise enhance the Site.
SkuNexus uses Personal Information to:
- Identify and authenticate users;
- Facilitate transactions;
- Operate and improve the Site;
- Connect with you on social media (such as Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter);
- Contact you by phone or email;
- Personalize and continually improve users’ experience;
- Provide you with suggested information based on variables such as stated preferences, interests, business activities, and/or location;
- Send you technical notices, updates, alerts and support and administrative messages service bulletins, or marketing;
- Evaluate additional services, items, or offerings that may be of interest to users;
- Track transactions and perform other analytics; and
- Manage SkuNexus everyday business needs such as Site administration, communication management, analytics, fraud prevention, enforcement of our corporate reporting obligations, or to comply with the law.
When and Why SkuNexus Discloses Personal Information
SkuNexus will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your explicit consent, except as specified in this Privacy statement. SkuNexus will disclose your Personal Information when:
- Working with companies and service providers (i.e. HubSpot, Salesforce.com, or other companies that process billing, website hosting, or analytics performance in furtherance of the purposes described in Section 3 (“How SkuNexus Uses Personal Information”) above.
- SkuNexus employs other companies to perform tasks on SkuNexus’s behalf and therefore SkuNexus must share your Personal Information with these companies to provide services to you. Examples include but are not limited to processing payments, handling billing disputes and collections, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance and providing customer service. SkuNexus may partner with third-party services for fraud prevention and/or identity verification.
- Enforcing SkuNexus’s rights or protect SkuNexus property and intellectual property;
- Protecting the rights, property or safety of others, investigate fraud, respond to a government request.
- SkuNexus believes in good faith that it must disclose such information to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss, to commence an investigation or take action regarding illegal activities or suspected fraud, per auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions, or to defend SkuNexus in litigation or regulatory action.
- SkuNexus believes in good faith that it must disclose such information, or advised to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate.
- SkuNexus will not sell your Personal Information to third parties unless SkuNexus is in the process of entering into a merger with another business, acquisition of another business, or the sale of all or a portion of SkuNexus’s assets and the information is needed to support the sale or transfer of business assets.
This Privacy Statement only governs when and why SkuNexus discloses Personal Information. This Privacy Statement does not apply to the practices of third parties that SkuNexus does not own or control, or individuals that SkuNexus does not employ or manage. The use of your Personal Information by third parties that you access through the Site is governed by the privacy policies of such parties and is not subject to SkuNexus’ control. SkuNexus is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of other websites on the Internet, even those linked to or from the SkuNexus Site. SkuNexus encourages you to ask questions before you disclose your personal information to others.
SkuNexus may disclose information about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, SkuNexus may provide our partners, (such as HubSpot or Salesforce.com), or other third parties with reports that contain aggregated and statistical data about SkuNexus users.
Personal Information Retention
To determine the appropriate retention period, SkuNexus considers the type and volume of the information, the negatives that can result from un-permitted access to such information, why SkuNexus gathers such information and the availability of achieving the goals of such gathering through alternative means.
Tracking Technologies - Indirect Data Collection
Choice and Control
While SkuNexus does need to gather certain information to make your SkuNexus experience personalized and to conduct transactions for you, SkuNexus wants to give you the ability to control how your information is provided and shared.
Email Preferences. For various r
Security of Personal Information
easons, SkuNexus may contact you about our services or your activity.
If you would like to decline cooking tracking, you can manage how your browser handles cookies and other tracking devices by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your browser. If accessing SkuNexus by a mobile device, you may manage the information your mobile device shares, such as cookies, tracking technologies, and location information, by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings.
SkuNexus strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, however, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and therefore SkuNexus cannot guarantee absolute security of your personal information. SkuNexus strives to maintain a system that reasonably safeguards Personal Information and has put in place appropriate security measures to accomplish the foregoing.
Privacy Practices of Third Parties
This Privacy Statement describes the collection, use, and disclosure of information by SkuNexus through the Site. SkuNexus utilizes third parties to provide services to users and also provides links from the Site to other websites. These third parties may have their own privacy policies and may collect, use, and distribute information differently than SkuNexus.
SkuNexus contains a blog and other areas where users may publicly post information, communicate with other users, and submit content they deem relevant for discussion. All the information you post will be accessible to anyone, at any time, with Internet access. Any information you post may be read, collected, and used by others.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
SkuNexus may, from time to time, in SkuNexus’ sole discretion, update this Privacy Statement to clarify its practices or to reflect new or different privacy practices. You are bound by any changes to the Privacy Statement when you use the Site after such changes have been first posted.
If you have any questions or comments concerning SkuNexus’s Privacy Statement, please contact us by sending an email to contact [at] skunexus.com. You can also contact SkuNexus via postal mail at: 7400 Skokie Boulevard, Skokie, IL 60077
Updated on May 23, 2022